Business can be a battle, are you ready? Today on Facebook Live, I discussed my four-part system for optimizing reviews. I have had success with this on Google Maps, Indeed and Facebook, but I think it could work for other sites as well, such as Capterra or TripAdvisor, depending on your vertical.
Here are some interesting statistics about reviews from SearchEngineLand about reviews which may surprise you:
- 85% of consumers say they read up to 10 reviews.
- 88% of consumers say they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- 72% of consumers say that positive reviews make the trust a local business more.
So – no matter how good your marketing is, if your reviews are not… that can take a chunk out of your sales and revenue.
Review Optimization Step-by-Step Plan
- Optimize your profile – Ensure that the information is correct and up to date, consistent across other sites and has not been changed by another user.
- Send out survey – It is key not to send a review request off the bat, in case you get angry customers responding. What you want to do is a survey first to gauge their satisfaction. I am partial to the Net Promoter Score (NPS) question of “How Likely would you be to recommend our service to a friend or family member,” but in reality, you could use any type of question that can help you determine who is happy and who is not.
- Send a review request to the happy people – In the case of NPS, it would be to the promoters. So – if you are a business with 100 customers, and 25 of them rate you a 9-10/10, you are ONLY sending a review request to those 25.
- Be grateful in a way that is meaningful – since reviews are so valuable, show your customer that you are grateful… in a way that is meaningful for them. For some, it may be a nice lunch out. For others, it is a shout-out on social media. If you have set up your customer avatars and you know them well, you will know what to do.
Ready to try it out?
I am going to be sending out a step-by-step video along with all of my swipe-file of templates to my e-mail list next week. Subscribe if you would like to receive it!